Different from alchemy, the Brewery plugin allows you to brew numerous custom drinks that can even be alcoholic!
Each and every drink requires this step, where you combine the ingredients needed for your desired end result!
- Place Cauldron over fire (You will probably want netherrack).
- Fill it with water.
- Add the ingredients by right clicking on the cauldron.
- Wait for them to ferment (You can keep track of this by right clicking on the cauldron with a clock).
- Fill glass bottles with your drink!
Only some drinks require this step where you will purify the drink.
- Put the bottles into a brewing stand.
- Put glowstone dust as the filter on the top of the brewing stand. It will not be consumed.
Like distilling, not all drinks need this step, so check before you leave your drinks to get old!
You'll first need a barrel. There are two types of these, Small and Large.
To build a small barrel, arrange 8 wooden stairs in the shape of a barrel. On the lower right side, place a sign and write "Barrel" without quotes on the first line.
To build a large barrel, use 5 fences, 16 wooden stairs, and 18 wood planks to build a barrel shape. Attach a spigot (fence), and again, add a sign with "Barrel" on its first line. (You can take the sign off for the Large Barrel).
To open a barrel, click on the sign (for a small barrel), or anywhere (for a large barrel). 1 year for aging is equal to 20 real life minutes. Note that the type of wood can matter per type of brew. Make sure not to destroy the barrel while aging!
Each type of brew has a different amount of alcoholic content that will be given to a player when drinking. Some side effects of drinking include:
- Not being able to walk normally
- Blindness, Nausea, Poison occuring
- The player's chat being altered
- Not being able to join for several tries after logging off
- Fainting (Disconnecting)
You will gradually lose alcohol level over time. It can also be decreased by consuming milk and bread. If you log off while drunk, you may find yourself coming back to a totally different area. After a while, however, you will be taken to
/home. Hangovers are also a possibility.
You can check your level of alcohol by doing